Tuesday, February 11, 2014

There's Nothing Quite Like Art Friends

I love having artists as friends. For one thing we always have something to talk about and, for another, we understand each other pretty well. We are all addicted to art! This year I have already enjoyed two fun events with my art friends.

I am member of the Piedmont Outdoor Painting Society which is officially 11 years old, but I was painting with these guys before they gave their group a name. To prepare for this exhibit, we worked in our studios last year to paint larger paintings from some of our plein air work. On January 23 we attended the artists' reception for our show, From the Outside In.

We met for dinner beforehand and had a lot of good conversation and laughs.

POPS members Judy Meyler and Arlene Daniel

POPS members Kathy Phillips, Judy McGinn, Addren Doss

Me and Marsha Thrift, POPS members

This past weekend Hampton House Art and Framing held an opening reception for their annual Small Art Big Heart miniature exhibit, in conjunction with Dining with Friends. Both of these benefit Aids Care Services of Winston-Salem.

The art was great and included some 3-D items as well as paintings and drawings.

My painting on the left alongside a piece by my painting buddy, Arlene Daniel.

Lots of work on this wall was done by friends that I paint with.
 
 

Fun 3-D Dolls - sorry I don't know this artist but I love the work!
Both of these shows will be on display for a while longer.
For details on Small Art Big Heart visit Hampton House Art and Framing on Facebook.
For detail on From the Outside In visit the Alamance Arts Council website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Cheryl,
Love the blog. Such beautiful faces of the the artists we love best. The artist with the dolls is Wendy Barber. I'm so happy they were bought by the same person. We didn't want them separated!